The Martins

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

The Martins

Post by Admin on Thu May 23, 2013 12:48 am

There's no argument that Susannah Emory was the d/o William Emory & Mary Grant. Mary was the d/o Ludovic Grant & a Cherokee woman.

Some, including Emmet Starr, say Susannah m. Joseph Martin. Others say she m. his "1/2 brother John". But Joseph & John weren't half brothers. Their father came from England & after he got here m. Susannah Chiles. There's no mention of any other wife.

I've added Susannah & 1 of her 3 Martin children to Find A Grave. I first had them linked to Joseph but someone suggested a correction & claimed that was wrong. I switched them to John as did the people who added the other 2 Martin children. Today someone suggested a correction & claimed that was wrong.

She m. one of them. And acc'd to Emmet & the Chronicles of OK it was Joseph. I'm attempting to talk to the managers of the other 2 children to learn their thoughts. We may switch back to Joseph. Then the next person who claims it's wrong will have to prove it.

What are your thoughts?

Unless you're having trouble with registering please don't contact me personally. Read the FAQ's, site news/announcements & also search the forums. If you're still have problems w/ this site post questions here. Thanks. Wink

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:19 am