Admin
    Admin

Creeping Crust Cobbler

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:54 pm

1/2 c. butter
    1 c. flour
    1 c. sugar
    1/2 c. milk
    2 c. fruit: blackberries, raspberries, apricots, peaches, etc.
    1 tsp baking powder

Melt butter in 10' baking dish.  

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder; add milk & mix. Spoon over melted butter.

Heat fresh or canned fruit (drained) with 1/2 c. of sugar or less, adjusting sugar if fruit is canned. Pour over dough.

Bake in a 350 degree oven about 30 minutes until crust is golden brown. Crust will rise to the top. Serve warm or cold, if it lasts that long.

Note: I first got this recipe from lady down the street. She didn't include the sugar for the fresh or canned fruit, heating the fruit up or the cooking time. I can't tell you how many times I've tried this recipe so far but I've been using room temperature canned peaches w/ no sugar. It's been awesome as is. But the couple of times I added brown sugar & cinnamon to the peaches it was even better.

Note 2: If you're using canned fruit drain the juice because I didn't once & it made crust a little runny.

Note 3: This recipe will some-what fill 4 small bowls. Everybody I know that's tried it has wanted more. So you may want to double the recipe.

Unless you're having trouble with registering please don't contact me personally. Read the FAQ's, site news/announcements & also search the forums. If you're still have problems w/ this site post questions here. Thanks. Wink

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:47 pm